Thursday, December 29, 2005

The One Behind the Many

Who is the one
Behind the many?
The one masked into 'that'
When you think 'that',
The one masked into 'this'
When you think 'this'.
You are, because you think.
Who are 'you' when you don't?

Who is the one in you?
Who is the one in me?
Who is the one in you who feels..,
While you think?
Who is that in you, feeling alone,
While you are with a crowd?
Who is the one blushing,
When caught unaware
While smiling at himself
All alone !

Who is the one in me, so warm,
While I am drenched in this winter rain.
Who is the one who gives the thrust
When I loose heart?
Who is the one so discontent
While in good times I am lost?
Who is the one longing for the morning calm
While I go bustling around.

He wanders around for the unknown light
When under the neon lights, i sleep.
He has no reason for
When wronged,
Once in time he roars in fury
And in another,
He makes my eyes damp.

In happiness too, once at times
He brings the child in me
And in another, he makes me feel all futile.

Who is that one beyond all reason
And this grand delusion?
Who is the one
Behind the many?

Why is he lost
Behind the imposters?
With a boy's heart,
In a man's world
What does he crave for?

No comments: